1 year ago
Monday, July 16, 2012
Hey we're moving to China
Some know and some don't. We've been really delayed about posting anything about it. Chris will be working for the University of Colorado (Denver Campus) and their International College of Beijing. This college is housed within the China Agricultural University in Beijing. He will be teaching International Politics, Comparative Politics, US foreign policy and probably another title that I'm forgetting. He is super excited and the rest of us a excited. Notice the difference? There isn't much of one, but I think it is because I have a better memory than he does. As we have been chatting about preparations he revealed that he didn't have to use squatter toilets except for maybe once or twice--me pretty much every time we left our apartment. Contrast the reasons though and you'll find that I was the one taking Amelia to the bathroom and I was pregnant for half of the time so I learned all about the squatters. I actually think they are great--more natural position to ease things out if you know what I mean. However cleanliness is a whole other matter. I suppose another reason for the slightly less excitement is the idea of having to come up with a whole new list of answers that people want to know whenever we go somewhere. Last time it was almost always, I'm an American, My daughter is 2 years old and I agree she is beautiful, lastly: We work at Renda as teachers.
Fun stuff.....maybe. I will probably have to learn a way to say that we didn't keep trying to have a boy in fact we like boys and girls the same and would have been just as happy with 4 girls. I suspect though that if I learn how to say that then people will want to talk more and my lack of Chinese will instantly debilitate the conversation and leave me making ridiculous hand gestures, which would happen last time.
In addition to this news: Blogger is still supposedly blocked there so we'll probably go back to a weekly e-mail update to those who want to be regaled with what is going on. If this appeals to you-please e-mail me or comment and I will make sure I put you on the list. I promise to include pics as long as our internet speed cooperates. It will be sanitized of anything controversial since that would get blocked anyway --thank you google for selling out.--sacrcasm--
I will be doing home-school with the kids using the K12 curriculum. The kids and I are excited about this new adventure. I am really hoping that it turns out well. Keep your fingers crossed for us. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We totally want updates! Did I tell you we have friends living in China right now? I think the work at the embassy. And Jack is constantly on the look out for a way to visit China for work. maybe it will happen while you guys are there.
WOW!!!! That is awesome. You two are so adventurous--I love it. We sure miss you guys here. Definitely want to be updated--especially with pics of your new baby. :)
christina.wandry at gmail.com
I'm so glad Chris' surgeries went well! You also look great pregnant. I would love to get email updates! I hope to see you and your new bundle of joy before you head out on your new adventure. We're planning on a trip over Labor Day or whenever Jen and Josh will be there. Love you guys! apturley8@gmail.com
Post a Comment