Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Funny Story
The other day we were all getting into the car to go to a park and Amelia yells out, "Shot-gun!" (They've learned it from my Webelos boys). So she knows that this means she can sit in the front. 

Then Lauren who was also getting into the car said "Shot-gun" (she doesn't know that it means sitting in the front). 

Amelia says, "No you can't be Shot-gun. You have to be 'Pistol'." 

Then Edie, who was being buckled into her car seat says, "Then I'm Baby-pistol." 

Amelia responds saying, "No, you have to be 'Rifle'." Edie was very upset and insisted that she must be "Baby-pistol"--and that's where I had to step in and say that if she wants to be called "baby-pistol", then we will call her that. I really did try to let the exchange go as long as possible to see where it would lead. :)

I was laughing for the rest of the day. Man they are so stinkn' cute! Sadly I did explain where the term came from and they've only said it once since that time. 

No comments: